Custom Marine Upholstery in Kelso, WA
Owning a boat means owning a piece of luxury. When you take your yacht out for a day on the water or some relaxing time spent in the sun, make sure you’re also getting the full and complete comfort that custom boat upholstery in Kelso, WA has to offer!
AMA Interior Solutions is here to provide you with high-end interior customization capabilities, to help you bring your boat to its highest potential for luxury. Whether it’s upgrading your fabric seating to genuine leather, or changing the color of your entire interior to match your aesthetic preferences, we’re ready to tackle the job.
Designing and installing custom marine upholstery in Kelso, WA is an intensive process that requires skill, precision and expertise—all things the team at AMA Interior Solutions is ready to offer you. We’re backed by years of industry experience and have helped boat owners of all kinds get the customized upholstery and interiors they demand for their vessels. Some of our capabilities include:
- Leather specialist
- Orthopedic seats
- Custom embroidery
- Cloth-to-leather upgrades
- Bridge cushions
- Marine carpeting
- Helm seats
- Console cushions
- Morage covers
- Dinette seating
- Valance panels
- Personal watercraft
We take pride in working to the highest levels of excellence and always strive to produce results that meet and exceed your specifications. Simply put: we do marine upholstery better than anyone, and can prove it through your next customization or restoration project.
For more information about our marine upholstering capabilities or to get in touch with us today regarding your need for custom interior upgrades, please call 360-577-5433.
What fabric should I choose for my boat canvas?
There are many fabrics to choose from. We can advise you of the best fabric for your application. Things to consider:
- Waterproof vs. water repellant
- UV resistance
- Abrasion resistance
What thread should I use?
We always use a UV and rot resistant thread.
What type of foam should I use?
- Polyurethane foam: Used for interior cushions and mattresses. Available in all thicknesses. We use a high quality foam of 2.5 or 2.6 density with a choice of soft, medium, firm or extra firm compression.
- Open-cell foam: Used for exterior cushions or cushion that will get wet. This foam dries almost immediately due to the large open pores that allow water drainage and air circulation. Air circulation is key in preventing mildew and odor. There are 2 qualities. They are both good, but one has been formulated for long term exposure to the sun and weather, and is resistant to most chemicals. It also has a fungicidal additive which is important for retarding stains and odors (which is a good quality to have in a cushion). Available in all thicknesses. Available in soft, medium, firm and extra firm compressions.
- Closed-cell foam: Absorbs very little water. Floats. Available in ¼” – 2” thick. Available in hard and harder (not very comfortable).
- Memory Foam: Typically used as a 3” mattress topper. Not for outdoor use or use in moist environments. Sensus 5lb. or Visco 3lb. Very comfortable. Conforms to your body.
Can you copy my old canvas?
Patterning ensures that your new canvas will fit properly and snugly. This cannot be achieved by using old, stretched and weathered fabric for a template. Here at AMA Interior Solutions, we always work from our own new template. We are certain you will be quite happy with the end result. Any type of boat canvas that is tensioned or needs to match up to existing canvas must be patterned.
What is the process for new custom canvas or cushions?
- Order is received along with a 50% deposit
- Template (in shop)
- Cut, sew, fabricate (in shop)
- Install (in shop)